There are plenty of activities in the Tamarindo area, beyond surfing, to occupy the light (and dark) hours of your day. Whether you enjoy hikes in nature or exploring the ocean bottom, whether you prefer the peace and quiet of the jungle or the hustle and bustle of a resort town, Playa Avellanas and Tamarindo got you covered!
- Tamarindo is world famous beach and surfing party town and it’s only a 20 minutes drive from Rapture’s home base. A little (or not so little) partying apres-surfing? Not a problem. Various reggae bars, salsa clubs, and lounges are waiting for you. We offers shuttles from camp to Tamarindo at any time of the day or night or we can help you organize a taxi if you prefer to venture out on your own.
- For those who’d rather indulge in yummy food and cocktails amidst the peace and quiet of the jungle, there are various restaurants all walking distance from camp. Choose from famous “Lola’s” beachfront restaurant, try Italian fare, opt for rich but healthy local food, or fresh seafood prepared to your liking.
- What to do in the evenings? Once-in-a-lifetime gorgeous sunsets waiting for you at the beach nightly 🙂 Take a long walk along the endless shoreline minutes from camp. Walk north or south, the beach never stops…even after the sun sets.
- Since there is at least as much life under the sea as there is in the jungle outside, why not experience scuba diving or snorkeling? Tamarindo offers excellent options to enjoy underwater activities and we can help you book a trip from camp.
- And if that’s not enough beach time for your merman/maid soul, twist yourself into a pretzel right on the sand with FREE beach yoga classes daily courtesy of Rapture Surfcamps.
- A visit to one of the 3 national parks in the area will leave nature lovers breathless. Diriá, Barra Honda and Palo Verde National Parks, only a short drive away from camp, are home to a fantastic variety of animals and tropical plants; such as parrots, monkeys, turtles, and crocodiles to name a few.
- Need more extreme sports adventures? Hop onto yet another kind of board and drop into the skate bowl at Playa Negra. Or experience high speed zip lining over the canopy top and see the jungles of Costa Rica from a bird’s eye view!
- On Sundays, our day off from surfing, we’ll take you to the famous “Llanos de Cortes” waterfalls and hike through the tropical jungle to a beautiful site where we’ll spend the day swimming under the waterfalls!
- If you’re a passionate surfer who has always wanted to look behind the scenes, you can visit the world-famous board factory of Che Surfboards and learn what makes the perfect shape. We’ll organize the excursion to the site for you where they’ll show you around and take you through the steps of the “making” the perfect surfboard.
- Last but definitely not least, once a week join us on the beach to enjoy a sunset bonfire with some drinks before dinner, all organized by Rapture Surfcamps.
And after you have a week full of adventures to remember at camp, tell us how you like it! We love receiving feedback and enhancing the camp experience.